Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Be fine Skin Care review from August GlossyBox









I got this little box of 5 samples in my August Glossybox and I got really excited about these samples. The pictures and claims on the box made me think this was an all natural product, maybe an alternative to 100% Pure. I soon figured out that it was not so. Here are the details:



Day 1: Exfoliating Cleanser
I decided to try each product individually so not to screw up my daily skin care routine too much and I started with this cleanser. It is sugar based, so it was quite exfoliating, lots of granules, it took my makeup off pretty well and I'd say it cleaned and exfoliated quite nicely. I was bummed by SLS and PEG being on top of the ingredient list thou. Although this cleanser worked quite well, I think I'll keep looking for one without the SLS, PEG, etc.


Day 2: Night Cream
First off, definitely not a single serve! I used it twice and I could probably use it 2 more times, but I won't because it kinda irritates my skin. Nothing major! My face just gets a little red after I put on the night cream, so I think it's best if I stop using it. My skin is normal to dry to combination, it's weird :S The cream is not too heavy and not too light, it is probably too rich for oily skin types, so I wouldn't recommend. There is nothing special or extraordinary about this night cream, it seems to absorb and leave this sort of dry finish/feel on your face (kind of weird). Again the ingredients don't scream 100% natural to me and since my somewhat sensitive skin didn't like the cream, I wouldn't purchase it.
















Day 3: Pore Refining Treatment Scrub
I'm not sure why they called this a scrub. There were barely any scrubbing beads in it. If anything, the cleanser was much more of a scrub than this. It looks like and has the consistency of white moisturizing liquid soap. It wasn't a total bust thou, it cleansed my skin well and maybe even got rid of some blackheads on my nose. It wasn't a miracle product and water is the first ingredient :S Next!


Day 4: Warming Clay Mask
This mask gets quite hot when you start working with it but the heat doesn't last. It has a really weird smell, almost like something is burning. It is Very think and hard to spread. It says to put on a thin layer therefore I think this sample is not a single serve at all, you could definitely use it 2 or 3 times. I liked that this mask is express, you only have to leave it on for 5 min. I found that it left a bit of a residue when I washed it off, so I followed up with a facial wipe. However, my skin felt very velvety soft, smooth and radiant.



















Day 5: Gentle Cleanser
I did not like this cleanser at all! I dunno if there was something wrong with mine, but it was really runny and impossible to use. It was bad, the cleanser was like water. I somewhat managed to get some of it on my face but it wasn't workable, I couldn't get it to lather or anything. I ended up following with my regular cleanser (Clinique Acne Soap). I was also concerned with mint, I generally don't like putting any kind of mint on my face because I feel like it irritates my skin. Sorry BeFine but this cleanser gets no love/like from me =(



Overall these are not bad products and I'm glad I've tried them. But I expected fruit and vegetable extracts and ALL natural ingredients, not PEG and SLS. Also, the shipping to Canada is quite steep at $20. So for all these reasons I would not purchase this skin care line. However, if you are in US and you don't mind less-than-all-natural skin care, I would say these are worth a try. Don't go all out on the full-size product thou, you never know what you might have a reaction to. Be fine has various sampling packages on their web-site, I think you should start with one of those first =)


Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Good to know what to expect - I've only tried the night cream so far :)
    http://msskira.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're my first follower, you just put a big smile on my face, thank you! :D

      Delete