I follow several beauty gurus on Youtube and many of them have been talking about JewelMint. For those who are unfamiliar, JewelMint is basically a beauty box monthly subscription where you get a piece of jewelry of your choice. It is based out of US but they ship to Canada (with a catch, see below).
- on the 1st of every month you are presented with a customized to your taste showroom and you can choose what piece of jewelry you'd like to get for that month;
- you are not limited to the jewelry presented in your showroom, you can scout the website and find one that you like;
- you can also skip a month if there is nothing you like;
- they often have nice promotions;
- shipping within US is free;
- return policy exists if you're not satisfied with your item;
- it costs $9.99 PER ITEM to ship to Canada!!!
- the jewelry might look better on the website/ pictures than in real life;
I had a buy one get one free coupon code, so I decided it might be worth it and ordered 2 pieces. My total was $29.99 + $9.99 + $9.99= $49.97 USD. Let's see what I got:
- the first piece is called High Society Bracelet and here is the description of it from the website: "Get sophisticated glamour with this pave crystal hinge bangle. This is perfect for any special occasion! Take on the trend with sparkle." It looked very shiny/ sparkly and almost royal on the website, but when I got it I was a little disappointed. It's not as sparkly as I would have liked it to be, it's oval in shape and fits a little snug for me. I still like this bracelet and will wear it for special occasions.
- the second piece is called All Wrapped Up Bracelet and the description is: "Oh so boho, this black, faux leather wrist adornment is the ultimate in casual chic. Double wrapped, and complete with buckle clasp, this elegantly edgy design includes clover, heart, crystal and plain studs. At 15" long, it's a stylish wrap with this fiercly vintage fashion find." This bracelet was less disappointing, but I think I could've gotten a similar bracelet on Etsy (www.etsy.com) for way less $$. This bracelet is like the polar opposite in style to the 1st one, but that's the way I am (sometimes glam, other times a rockstar lol). I look forward to wearing this bracelet with jeans and t-shirt and boots kind of outfits :)
Final words, there are many pieces on www.jewelmint.com that interest me, however I won't be making another purchase as the price + shipping to Canada is just not worth it for me.
P.S. There is a new "kid" on the block: www.ShinySet.com a jewelry subscription box for Canada only $25/mo, not sure about shipping as the website doesn't specify. They are very new and I can't find any reviews on this company. They have amazing promotions/ giveaways going on that, frankly, sound too good to be true. If you have any experience with this company please leave me a comment!
Till next time,