Friday, November 2, 2012

October GlossyBox 2012





Got my GlossyBox yesterday. Even though I was home all day on Wednesday the Canada Post guy decided not to bother buzzing (I live in an apartment) and I got a notice card in the mail yesterday (Thursday) and had to go pick it up. Annoying? :S Anyways, this month's (well actually last months) GlossyBox was suppose to be a special edition break cancer awareness box. Well I can say I got that theme from this box. Nevertheless I'm not disappointed with this months box, just a little confused why they bothered saying it was breast cancer awareness themed. Let's see what I got :)






1. Jouviance Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Cream Normal to Dry Skin Treatment 50ml/ $93.50 my sample is (tiny) 5ml, feels like there is nothing in there :S at least they got my skin type right :) It feels like a light lotion, white in colour, has a cream + light medical/ eco smell, can't quite put my finger on it. Doesn't seem like anything special in terms of texture and the way it feels/ sits on the skin. The price for the full-size is way too steep for me. Next!

2. MODELco Flipstick Lip Duo (special edition for Glossybox members only value: $38.75) My colour is called Dusk Lipstick and Striptease Gloss (rawr! lol) My glossy profile says natural for makeup as I didn't want to get any crazy colours, so this is right on the money for me. So there is a lipstick on one side and a lipgloss on the other, and a mirror on one of the sides in the middle. I'm not a fan of lipsticks in general, too much pigmentation for my already pigmented lips, however this one feels soft and buttery. The lipgloss I like a lot actually, it smells amazing!!! and a nice light peachy- very light coral, more peach thou, colour. I find the whole thing kinda bulky thou, but you definitely won't have trouble finding this in your purse! :)



3. Zoya full-size nail polish 15ml/$8 my colour is Rory. I swatched it on my pinkie. It's a little too crazy for me, but then anything other than clear polish with glitter is too crazy for me lol I have some sort of inhibition with nail polish, I'm trying to branch out but it's really hard lol It is pretty thou and probably the only item in this box that would suit the break cancer awareness month theme that Glossy was claiming. I'm sure my mom would love this nail polish, it's her color for sure! I'll save it till xmas thou :P Here is a description from Zoya web-site: "

Description of Zoya nail Polish in Rory

Zoya Nail Polish in Rory can be best described as: Medium mauve pink with lilac tones, gold and silver reflective metallic shimmer accents, and a foil-like finish. The gentle color of this polish gives the foil finish a softened appearance.

Color Family Pinks

Color Finish Metallic Micro Glitter

Color Intensity 5 ( 1=Sheer - 5=Opaque )

Color Tone Warm"



4. Sebastian Professional Trilliance Shampoo & Conditioner, full-size shampoo 250ml/ $15.79, conditioner 250ml/$16.59 my samples are 50ml each. I got a Sebastian texture spray in a Glossybox before and I can't say I'm over the moon with that product, so I'm a little sceptical of this duo. However, I'm looking forward to test them out. I like testing shampoos and conditioners and I'm always looking for better results as I refuse to settle. 

5. Gillette Venus full size razor $16.99. Yet another razor in my beauty box.. I think I still have exact same one sitting in my vanity unopened still. Oh well I'm not gonna complain about this, I will use it eventually and razor cartridges are very expensive (does anyone know why!!??)























I got quite a bit of literature this month besides the info card: Jouviance skin care information booklet, Venus& Olay coupon, and 10% off at bijouxneron.com which I don't intend on using. My info card was in both English and French which was strange because I always got it in just English. Oh and no golden ticket for me :( some 50 people were suppose to get a surprise in their box, unfortunately I'm not one of them. 

So overall, a decent box this month, I have no issues paying $15 for it. However, I would have an issue paying $21 and therefore this month will be my last Glossybox :'( It's been a good steady run of 4 boxes but I just can't justify the price increase. I will stick with Topbox for the rest of the year and then decide if I want to continue, as $12/ month is still reasonable in comparison to LuxeBox and now GlossyBox.

Till next time ;)

3 comments:

  1. I thought it was a decent box. I think glossy is still one of my faves. I like getting larger items. I pay $12 US for BB5 and I think it's better than topbox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started getting Topbox, only got 1 box so far. I'm kind of over the whole beauty box thing. I think I'm gonna stick with Topbox for the rest of the year and if I feel it's not worth it I'll cancel that too. I feel like I'd rather take that $10/15/20 and go buy a beauty item that I want every month and get any samples I want from the store for free.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Same as mine ... http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2012/11/glossybox-7960-value-for-15.html

    ReplyDelete